Transitioning one’s hair while expecting is a dilemma that so many black women face. For many people, it is not even a query of whether or not we are going to continue to relax our hair when pregnant. Going natural whereas pregnant is probably the greatest things you are able to do on your scalp, you hair, and to your unborn child’s health.
Pregnancy is a time when many ladies are open to embracing a wholesome food regimen and life-style, to guard and nurture their unborn baby whereas minimizing publicity to toxins. One in every of the most common fears girls that pregnant girls face is the fear of exposing their baby to dangerous chemicals and toxic substances. Unfortunately our magnificence and hair care products comprise a fair amount of those toxic components, significantly our hair-straightening merchandise.
Hair relaxers include a cocktail of harsh chemicals that may be absorbed by the pores and skin of your vulnerable scalp, so for your sake and baby’s, it is best to err on the aspect of warning and whip your hair back and forth au pure throughout your pregnancy. Sure, different kinds of relaxers exist, but all of them comprise strong toxic substances, do not get it twisted, “no-lye” does not imply no chemicals. The hair absorbs chemicals but the scalp passes them into the blood stream. What passes into the bloodstream can probably pass by the blood-placental barrier to your child. There has not been any conclusive analysis on the effects of repeat chemical exposure of this nature to mom and fetus, but simply assume you’re better off without the perm.
During pregnancy, the blood volume increases to protect and nourish the child. As a result of increased blood flow, pregnant girls can grow to be ultra delicate to chemicals. Some women start feeling nauseous and experience complications straight after utilizing these hair remedies. Some medical doctors in addition to hair stylists discourage use of relaxers as a result of they may not be effective on the hair during pregnancy. When a lady turns into pregnant often times the texture of the hair modifications inflicting it to react otherwise to the chemicals, so it may not turn out straight after all.
Sodium Hydroxide is a harmful chemical used in many chemical relaxers and it yields long lasting effects. This is the found in drain cleaners- so it is clearly a potent and extremely reactive substance. It is referred to as “lye” relaxer. The energy varies from a ph issue of 10 to 14, (our hair is around ph 4.5 when wet) With higher ph, the faster the straightening resolution will take hold, but the more potential the injury- it forms an exothermic answer with water which suggests it heats up and might burn via something in its path…and we willingly sign up for this. As if that’s not sufficient a few of these products include formaldehyde, petroleum and coal tar! It is no wonder that these substances cause hormonal disruption and different problems.
One of many amazing advantages of pregnancy is that many women expertise an abundance of hair growth. The hormones secreted during pregnancy enhance your hair development and make it stronger, healthier, and shiny. Why not experience the wave and let your hair be chemical free.
Listed here are my prime 5 merchandise for natural hair care which are safe for each mother and child and can keep your tresses wanting straightforward, breezy, and bountiful:
– Carol’s Daughter- Transitioning 1-2-3 The primary relaxer to pure hair care system. That is a 3 part system that may heal your scalp, protect and fortify broken hair. Attempt the purifying adn gentle cleanser, scalp renewal spray and anti-breakage therapy, $40.00 www.carolsdaughter.com
– Nine Naturals- Essential oil-infused Natural Shampoo. Many shampoos in the marketplace declare to enrich your hair and be “natural” however once you look at the substances, you’re lucky if you’ll be able to pronounce one in every Hydrorefining Process Equipment of them. Grace Lee of 9 Naturals began her line of shampoo, conditioners and physique wash to assist women make an easy change in the direction of green merchandise. It’s beauty without compromise, formulated particularly for pregnant women, and it comes in exotic scents like Mandarin & Ginger made with all-organic ingredients. You desire a shampoo that is free of sulphates, phthalates, parabens and DEA. To perk up your hair, strive the 9 Naturals Citrus & Mint Shampoo,18.00 www.ninenaturals.com
– Herb N Life-Royal Rinse- I don’t trust some other shampoo with regards to my hair. This herbal shampoo leaves your hair silky clean and contains neem oil, peppermint and rosemary important oils, along with aloe, and is so fragrant. It is refreshing particularly within the summertime. I have been using it for years, ever for the reason that creator would make it in her kitchen in Brooklyn. It’s great for all hair textures. Royal Rinse,14.00 www.HerbnLife.com
– Kinky Curly- KNOT At present- an unbelievable detangler and styling product. Can be utilized as an everyday rinse out conditioner for wavy hair or as a depart-in for thicker curlier hair Storage Tank Series types. A wonderful product to make use of after eradicating braids and extensions. Really situations and maintains the integrity of your kinks and curls. It’s aloe based mostly so it’s totally wholesome for your hair.12.00, www.kinky-curly.com
– B’cause It is Mimi- Strengthening Hair Oil- A mild, strengthening, progress selling, pure hair serum. An natural mix of contemporary herbs including Rosemary and Chamomile which promote hair growth and resilience, lowering breakage when used over time. Use day by day for sheen.